Updated: Sep 9
This cake is a perfect treat for anytime of the year. Have for dessert, breakfast or a quick snack. Gluten and dairy free recipe.
3-4 Fuji apples
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 large eggs
1 stick softened vegan butter (or room temperature)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp cinnamon to sprinkle over top
1 box Full Circle Market gluten free vanilla cake mix
***Different brand of cake mix tips. 1)If you get a different brand of gluten free vanilla cake mix, follow the directions on the back of the box to build the batter. 2)Skip almond milk, eggs and vegan butter above and use what the box directions suggest. 3)Using a toothpick, check the middle after 22 minutes. If cake batter is sticking to the toothpick, cook for additional 5 minutes or until completely cooked.***
*** You will need two 5"x9" loaf pan and cooking spray.
1) Preheat oven to 375°F and grease the two loaf pans with cooking spray.
2) Wash apples. Cut the apples in half and remove core and seeds.
3) Thinly slice the apples and place in middle of each loaf pans. Zig zag the apples back and forth. Shown below in a picture.
4) Whisk cake mix, eggs, milk, butter, cinnamon and 2 tbsp brown sugar until fully combined. Do not add the 1/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp cinnamon. This will be used for something else.
5) Evenly distribute cake mix between each loaf pan. Spread evenly over top sliced apples.
6) Split the 1/3 cup of brown sugar between each loaf pan and sprinkle on top of cake mix.
7) Once oven is preheated, bake for 22 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
8) This recipe can be enjoyed warm or cold. I refrigerate the uneaten cake because of the fresh apples baked inside.