Updated: Mar 21, 2022
This dish can be served as a main meal or an appetizer. Try serving it over rice or with a side of fried potatoes. Gluten and dairy free.
Corn Sauce Ingredients
12 oz frozen cut sweet corn
1 large red pepper
1 bundle green onions
2/3 cup water
3 tbsp garlic oil
2 tbsp vegan butter
2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup unsweetened plant based milk (milk of your choice)
3 tbsp honey
Cajun Shrimp Ingredients
20 unthawed large Argentine Red Shrimp (peeled, deveined and tail on) or shrimp of your choice
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp thyme
1/4 tbsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tbsp paprika (regular)
1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp garlic oil
freshly diced cilantro for topping (optional)
1) Mix oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, regular paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
2) Wash, deseed and dice red pepper. Place in large pan.
3) Using a kitchen scissors cut green onions over large pan with red peppers in it. Using the the green parts of the onion only.
4) Add bag of frozen corn, water, garlic oil, sugar, salt, black pepper and butter. Mix ingredients.
5) Cover and turn burner on to medium.
6) Once the pan is heated cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and recover.
7) Remove cover and let cool for 10 minutes.
8) Using a blender or food processor, add corn mixture and purred until you get a smooth blend. It is ok if it not completely smooth and it looks slightly chunky.
9) Add back to large pan. Turn burner on simmer. Add honey and milk. Stir and cover. Leave it on simmer while you prepare the shrimp.
10) Wash and pat shrimp dry.
11) Toss shrimp in 2 tbps garlic oil. Add desired amount of cajun seasoning. Start with 1 1/2 tbsp.
12) In a large pan melt butter and 1 tbsp of garlic oil on medium heat. Mix as it melts.
13) Add cajun shrimp to pan. Make sure the shrimp are flat on one side and have enough room to cook.
14) Cook for 3 minutes and flip. Repeat this one more time. Total cook time of 12 minutes for the shrimp. If you think the seasoning on the shrimp is burning, turn the heat down.
15) Scoop the corn sauce onto a plate and place desire amount of shrimp on top of corn sauce. Top with diced cilantro. You can also try serving over rice or have your favorite potato as a side dish. I like to cut the shrimp with a spoon and scoop it up with the sauce.