This is a great as an appetizer or a main meal. This recipe only requires 8 ingredients! Gluten, dairy and egg free. Pairs well with seasoned rice, fried potatoes or enjoy on its own.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
16 oz skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese
1 large jalapeño
2 tbsp bacon bits
1/2 cup Violife cheddar shreds
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp smoked paprika
10 oz pack uncured bacon (do not get thick cut)
Directions (pictures below)
1) Preheat oven to 400°F
2) Chop up cheddar shreds so they are in smaller pieces.
3) Cut jalapeño in half, deseed, cut into long strips horizontally and dice strips into small pieces.
4) In a small bowl add cheddar shreds, jalapeño, cream cheese and bacon bits. Mix well and set aside.
5) On a large plate, mix brown sugar and smoked paprika together. Set aside.
6) Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Taking the flat side of a meat tenderizer (or your fist), lightly pound your chicken breasts to slightly tenderize and flatten so meat is even.
7) Cut chicken breasts into 10 even squares as best you as you can.
8) Using a small knife cut a slit in middle of chicken breasts (do not cut all the way through to the other side). Spread the hole in the chicken apart using your fingers to make a pocket.
9) Stuff the chicken with the cream cheese mixture. And squish it together like a sandwich.
10) Roll the chicken into the brown sugar mixture so the chicken breast is completely covered. Do not roll exposed cream cheese into brown sugar mixture.
11) Next you want to wrap the chicken in one piece of bacon. Going the long way first, wrap the chicken going horizontal first and then vertical. Bacon stretches easily so you will have enough to fully get the chicken wrapped up. Use extra brown sugar mixture to lightly coat over bacon wrapped chicken.
12) Bake for 22-25 minutes. Make sure to check that your chicken is fully cooked.
13) Let sit for 5 m minutes before serving