Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
I am forever experimenting with jalapeño poppers. They have always been one of my favorite appetizers. This won't be the last jalapeño popper recipe you will see from me.
In the picture above is the bacon I used for this recipe. Also what the jalapeño poppers should look like before and after baking. I am a visual person so I appreciate what something should potentially look like verses guessing.
8 large jalapeños
8 slices bacon (do not use thick cut)
4 oz vegan cream cheese (I prefer Violife cream cheese) (sub for regular cream cheese to fit your diet)
1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (sub for canned chicken or left over chicken)
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
Other items:: toothpicks, baking sheet and cupcake tin
For my vegan friends:: Skip the bacon and chicken. Use 6-8 oz of vegan cream cheese instead.
Another alternative:: Don't have left over chicken? No worries! Just sub the chicken for more vegan cream cheese. It will still be delicious!
1) Preheat oven to 400° F
2) Wash the jalapeños. Dry off. Cut the steam off, deseed and scrap out inside of jalapeños. I use a small knife and spoon to do this.
3) In a small bowl mix together shredded chicken, paprika and cream cheese.
4) Stuff the jalapeños with cream cheese mixture. Using the end of a spoon or fork works great!
5) Start wrapping the bacon around the jalapeño by folding the bacon over top the opening in the jalapeño. Go under and wrap around the middle. Check the picture above for reference.
6) Use four toothpicks for each jalapeño to balance in the cupcake tin so they do not fall over. I use the cupcake tins so the cream cheese stuffing does not fall out or spill. This also helps the jalapeños cook evenly. Check the picture above for reference. Place the cupcake tin on a baking sheet.
7) Bake at 400° F for 30 minutes.
Tip: If you have left over bacon place the bacon on the left over space on the baking sheet. Check after 10 minutes. The left over bacon will get done before the jalapeño poppers.
#glutenfree #glutenfreerecipe #glutenfreeappetizers #dairyfree #dairyfreerecipe #dairyfreeappetizers #jalapenopoppers #chicken #chickenrecipe #bacon #baconrecipe #vegan #veganrecipe #vegancreamcheese #cookingismypassion #cookingismytherapy #cookingislife #violife #violifecreamcheese #violifefoods