Gluten and dairy free. This will always will be my favorite appetizer! This is a crowd pleaser and will disappear before the meal is ready.
8 large jalapeños
Kite Hill vegan cream cheese (instead of plain try their chive cream cheese)
12 oz bacon
There are two ways to make these. You can make these in the oven or on the grill.
1) Wash jalapeños. Cut off stem. Cut jalapeños in half the long way. Deseed.
2) Fill the jalapeño halves with cream cheese.
3) Wrap bacon around the cream filled jalapeños. You can stick a tooth pick in the jalapeños to make sure the bacon is secure. But it is not necessary.
4) If you are using the oven preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
5) If you are cooking on the grill, preheat your grill to 375-400°F. Cook for 25 minutes. You do not have to flip them. If you want each side to be crispy flip at the very end and cook for additional 3 minutes.
Tips: I highly suggest using Kite Hill cream cheese. This product is vegan and does not boil away when cooking. In the past using other vegan cream cheeses my recipes have not turned out because the cream cheese evaporates.