Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bites
Tis the season for some pumpkin! This recipe is great for any fall or holiday occasion. Gluten and dairy free!
8 oz Kite Hill Cream Cheese
3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1/3 cup white sugar + 1 tbps white sugar
1 1/2 tbps brown sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 package (7.1 oz) Schar Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1) In a large bowl add cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. 2) Refrigerate for at least two hours or over night.
3) Do the last steps right before you serve this treat. You can refridgerate it over night but the chocolate will go back to solid form in the refrigerator and make it harder for biting.
4) On your serving tray place and lay out the cookies.
5) Melt chocolate in microwave. Start with 30 seconds and stir. Continue this process until fully melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate!
6) Using a spoon, carefully place chocolate in the middle of the cookies. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to cool.
7) Use a tablespoon to scoop out the pumpkin cheese cake filling and place on top of cookie. I only did about 3/4 tbps so it didn’t over flow the sides of the cookies.
8) Place a pecan on top of pumpkin cheesecake filling.
9) Serve and enjoy!!!
Tip: Does this sound like too many steps? Too busy? Skip steps to make it an easier treat! You can also serve pumpkin cheese cake filling as is! Place in a fancy bowl and set bowl on a serving tray. Place pretzels, graham crackers or vanilla wafers on the serving tray and surrounding the bowl. Enjoy!!!
Note: All the ingredients I use are gluten and dairy free. I only list brands I trust and know to be delicious! Most of the brands are also nut, egg and soy free. Make sure to check labels for specific allergies!