Updated: Nov 14, 2021
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time and freeze until you are ready to use. Gluten free, dairy free and no bake.
1 package Gluten Free Double Stuf Oreos
8 oz Kite Hill plain cream cheese (room temperature)
10 oz Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp powder sugar
1) Using a blender or food processor, add oreos and blend until all oreos are finely chopped. Try adding only half a package at a time when blending.
2) Add chopped oreos to a large bowl. Add room temperature cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix with spatula until ingredients are fully combined. I use a spatula to mix and squish ingredients down.
3) Place bowl in freezer for 15 minutes.
4) Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
5) Use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop out oreo mixture. Roll into a tight ball. Place on baking sheet. Freeze for another 15-20 minutes.
6) Dump bag of chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue this cycle until chocolate chips are completely melted.
7) Place oreo balls on top of a large fork and dip into melted chocolate. Tap chocolate covered oreo balls on fork on side of bowl to get the excess chocolate off. Place back on parchment paper.
8) Shake on desired colored sprinkles to make them look pretty!
9) Keep the oreo balls on the baking sheet. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
10) Thaw out oreos 10-15 minutes before serving. Or keep refrigerated until ready to use. Once they are frozen I take them off the baking sheet and place in a freezer bag and keep in the freezer until I need them.