Perfect for a holiday meal or appetizer. Gluten, dairy and egg free. Scroll to the bottom for a Spiced Cranberry Sauce that pairs perfect with the Apple Turkey Meatballs. A great idea for a holiday appetizer!
1.7 lbs ground turkey
2 large honeycrisp apples
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp garlic oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1) Preheat oven to 400°F
2) Peel your apples. Using a small grater, grate your apples. Watch out for the core and seeds!
3) Use paper towels to soak up the juice from the apples. You will need a lot of paper towels for this. Do this until grated apples are almost free of juice.
4) Chop fresh basil until you get a 1 tbsp full.
5) In a large bowl, add grated apples, ground turkey, honey, garlic oil, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder and fresh basil.
6) Using your hands mix until all the ingredients are fully combined.
7) Cover and place bowl in fridge for 1 hour.
8) Get a large baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray. 9) Grease a 1 tbsp measuring spoon with garlic oil.
10) Use a greased, round 1 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop out the ground turkey mixture. Roll the meatball in your hands and place on pan.
11) Bake for 20-22 minutes.
12) Let cool for 5 minutes.
Spiced Cranberry Sauce for Apple Turkey Meatballs
1 can (14 oz) jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1) Open jellied cranberry sauce and place in small pot. Chop up the cranberry sauce so it hets evenly.
2) Add the remaining ingredients.
3) Turn heat on medium-low.
4) As the mixture starts to heat up, the ingredients should start melting together.
5) Use a whisk to mix spiced cranberry sauce. If it seem like it is sticking to the bottom of the pot, turn the heat down.
6) Continue to whisk until it is fully combined. This should take about 10 minutes.
7) Once fully combined, turn off burner, and take the pot off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
8) Pour over meatballs or toss the meatballs in the sauce.
9) This spiced cranberry sauce is also perfect to pour over that holiday turkey.