Updated: Jan 19, 2022
Gluten and dairy free recipe! No canned green beans. A crowd pleaser dish for any occasion.
1) 2 12oz microwaveable green bean bags (or 24 oz fresh green beans)
2) 2 cups chopped baby bella mushrooms
3) 2 tbsp vegan butter
4) 2 cups gluten free fried onions
5) 8 oz Violife shredded mozzarella cheese
6) 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
7) 1/3 cup water
8) 1 tbsp garlic oil
9) 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
10) 1 tsp gluten free tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
11) 1/2 tsp black pepper
12) 1/2 tsp salt
13) 1/2 tsp onion powder
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) Wash and chop mushrooms.
3) In a large cooking pan melt butter on medium. Add mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Add mozzarella cheese, almond milk, water, garlic oil, worcestershire sauce, tamari sauce, black pepper, salt and onion powder. Continue to cook on medium. Stir ever couple of minutes to make sure bottom does not burn. Mix until mixture is completely melted and combined.
5) Steam green beans in microwave. Follow directions on back of packages. If you are using fresh unfrozen green beans, wash and add to a large pan with 1 cup of water. Cover and steam on medium-high for 12 minutes.
6) Add green beans to sauce mixture. Fold green beans in sauce until green beans are fully coated.
7) Add green bean mixture into a 9" x 13" rectangular cake pan. Evenly spread green bean mixture.
8) Bake for 26 minutes. After 26 minutes add fried onions and bake for additional 4 minutes. Take out of oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. (I buy a big bag of fried onions on Amazon and add as much as I want for fried onions.)