Gluten and dairy free. Perfect as a soup before the main meal or as the main meal.
Prep Time Total: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Cool Time: 15 minutes
32 oz chicken broth
11/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 lb baby carrots
2 large red peppers
1 large potato
1 cup chopped green onions
2 tbsp garlic oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
11/2 tsp brown sugar
11/2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
(If you like black pepper in your soup, do not add black pepper to your soup until it is blended. It will make the soup too spicy and peppery if blended.)
1) Deseed and cut red peppers. Chop green onions. Peel and cut potatoes in medium chunks.
2) In a large pot add chicken broth, unsweetened almond milk, carrots, peppers, potatoes, green onions, garlic oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, brown sugar, white sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir well.
3) Bring pot to a boil. Once at a boil turn heat down to medium and cover. Cook for 40 minutes. Stir at 20 minutes and recover.
4) Take off heat and remove cover. Let sit for 15 minutes.
5) Get out a blender and a large bowl. It will not all fit in the blender at once. Once you have your first half blended put the blended soup in the large bowl. Blend the second half. Put in bowl with the first half.
The picture on the left shows how the vegetables will look when you cut them. The middle picture is what it should look like once all the ingredients should look like when mixed. The last picture shows the cooked vegetables and the set up with the blender and large bowl.
Tips: Top the soup with green onions, leeks, sour cream or bacon bites.