Updated: Jun 4, 2021
Gluten and dairy free.
16 oz peeled, deveined, raw shrimp (thawed) (tail off shrimp is easier and less work)
1 medium carrot
1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
12.6 oz gluten free street taco white corn tortilla
Bang Sauce to top shrimp tacos. You can find the recipe for my Bang Sauce under Toppings/Sauces.
1) Pat shrimp dry.
2) Toss shrimp in Bang Sauce. Use enough to fully coat all shrimp. You will not use all the Bang Sauce. You will also use this sauce to top your shrimp tacos.
3) In a large pan or skillet cook shrimp on medium-high. Make sure the shrimp are all flat on pan and not on top or each other. This will ensure they all get cooked at the same time. Cook 8-12 minutes (depends on what size shrimp you buy).
4) While the shrimp is cooking you can make your lettuce mix.
5) In a medium bowl add 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce and 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach. Peel the outer skin of the carrot. Use a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler to shred the carrot. Shred up to 1/2 cup. Mix in lettuce/spinach mixture.
6) Heat street tortillas in a separate pan.
7) Chop fresh cilantro.
8) To make the shrimp tacos start with tortilla, top with lettuce mixture, shrimp, band sauce and cilantro.