A new twist on the traditional cranberry sauce. Gluten, dairy and egg free.
1 can (14 oz) jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1) Open jellied cranberry sauce and place in small pot. Chop up the cranberry sauce so it hets evenly.
2) Add the remaining ingredients.
3) Turn heat on medium-low.
4) As the mixture starts to heat up, the ingredients should start melting together.
5) Use a whisk to mix spiced cranberry sauce. If it seem like it is sticking to the bottom of the pot, turn the heat down.
6) Continue to whisk until it is fully combined. This should take about 10 minutes.
7) Once fully combined, turn off burner, and take the pot off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
8) Pour over meatballs or toss the meatballs in the sauce.
9) This spiced cranberry sauce is also perfect to pour over that holiday turkey.
Tip: Pour on your traditional turkey or try on meatballs!