Updated: Oct 30, 2021
Perfect summer appetizer or snack! Gluten and dairy free!
2 Large Cucumbers
12 oz Smoked Salmon
Vegan Chive Cream Cheese
Optional Topping Sauces:
Sriracha Cream Sauce: 1/2 TBSP Sriracha and 1 TBSP Vegan Cream Cheese fully mixed (I used left over chive cream cheese from recipe)
Mustard Cream Sauce: 1 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard and 1 1/2 TSP Vegan Cream Cheese (I used left over chive cream cheese from recipe)
1) Wash cucumbers and peel stripes on cucumbers using a vegetable peeler.
2) Cut cumbers into 1/2 inch slices. You should get at least 18 slices.
3) Dig out a small hole in the middle of cucumber slices. Be careful not to pierce through the bottom.
4) Put 1 TSP of the chive cream cheese in each cucumber.
5) Place smoked salmon on top of cream cheese filling. The variety pack of smoked salmon I got from Costco was pre-sliced. The slices were 2x2.5 inches. You can add as much salmon on top as you desire. This is just what I went by since it was pre-sliced.
6) Place a small amount of dill on top of salmon.
7) If you choose to try the sauces above. Place them on top of the salmon and then add dill.
8) Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
Picture Above::: On the left are the brands I recommend using for this recipes. I also pictured how the cucumber slices should look after digging out the middle and placing the cream cheese inside.